Creating an Audio Version of a Document
The following are very basic tips on recording a document to
- Read the document onto a standard cassette tape.
- Work in an evironment free from background noise and interuptions.
- Announce the beginning of the tape and the title of the
- Read aloud naturally without drama or affect.
- Spell unfamiliar words and proper names the first time they
appear in the text.
- Read the meaning of an abbreviation rather than the abbreviation
- Briefly describe images, graphics, tables and charts.
- Announce the end of the tape
- Label tape accordingly (either with braille or large print).
Disability Services coordinates a reading program which
provides audiotapes of class related materials. For further assistance contact
the Disability Services by either email
or by phone (346-1155).
Oregon Publications Home Page]
[University of Oregon Home Page]