Description of Annual Steel Product Panel Data, 1980 through 1999
This spreadsheet file contains information on annual data of domestic industry and import activity from 1980 through 1999 for a panel of major steel product categories. This variable set includes:
- Domestic shipments and price indexes specific to steel product categories
- Import quantity and price indexes specific to steel product categories
- Other steel industry variables including capacity utilization, wages, and percent of production by electric arc furnaces and continuous casting
- Price indexes for important inputs such as iron ore, coal, scrap, oil, and electricity
- Price indexes for important substitute goods including aluminum and plastic
- Macroeconomic variables such as industrial production, GDP, and exchange rates
Download the data (Excel spreadsheet) and the variable definitions and sources (Excel spreadsheet).
Return to the U.S. Steel Industry Database.
Department of Economics
1285 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403