Description of Annual Steel Product Panel Data, 1980 through 1999
This spreadsheet file contains information on annual data of domestic industry and import
activity from 1980 through 1999 for a panel of major steel product categories. This variable set includes
- Domestic shipments and price indexes specific to steel product categories.
- Import quantity and price indexes specific to steel product categories.
- Other steel industry variables including capacity utilization, wages, and percent of production by electric arc furnaces and continuous casting.
- Price indexes for important inputs such as iron ore, coal, scrap, oil, and electricity.
- Price indexes for important substitute goods including aluminum and plastic.
- Macroeconomic variables such as industrial production, GDP, and exchange rates.