Creative Writing Program
The Creative Writing Program depends on gifts from our generous friends and donors to enhance our academic offerings for graduate and undergraduate students. If you would like to make a donation to the program, please mail a check payable to the University of Oregon Foundation with a note indicating the gift is for the Creative Writing Program to:
University of Oregon Foundation
PO Box 3346
Eugene OR 97403-0346
Pledges of support are also accepted through the UO Foundation's secure online pledge form. More options for giving are listed on the UO College of Arts & Sciences website.
Our Current Needs
Donations from contributors support a variety of academic projects, including the following:
- Improving graduate student work environments (office and equipment upgrades)
- The Creative Writing Program Annual Reading Series
- The Kidd Tutorial Program (supports a yearlong creative writing, critical reading, and literary research program for undergraduates)
- Kidd Tutorial Program Scholarships (awarded to undergraduates admitted to the Kidd Tutorial Program)
- The Nancy and Walter Kidd Memorial Writing Competition in Poetry and Fiction (honors outstanding undergraduate poets and fiction writers)
- The Miriam McFall Starlin Poetry Award (for a promising graduate student of poetry)
- The Richard and Juliette Logsdon Award for Creative Fiction Writing (for a promising graduate student in fiction)
All of these activities are in need of further support to continue at their present level or to become more effective. In addition, the program is working on various plans that will need support beyond what is available from the University:
- Post-graduate fellowships for Creative Writing Program graduates
- Development of grants to support graduate students of diverse backgrounds
- Development of the program’s research library
The opportunity for more fellowships, prizes, and programs is always present, limited only by the imaginations and resources of our faculty and friends.
For more information about providing support to the Creative Writing Program, please contact the Program Director at (541) 346-0552.