Ode to graduate study
The First Year of Grad School
- A is for axiom
- B is a basis
- C is completeness of some L-p spaces,
- D is divergence to infinity,
- E is for e-mail (what else would it be?).
- F is a function that's bounded and measurable;
- G is the group theory we find so pleasurable.
- H is a subgroup; it's normal in G.
- I stands, of course, for the identity.
- J is for juxtaposition of elements.
- K's just a subscript we used for the hell of it.
- L is for least upper bound, or supremum;
- M is for manifolds (I've never seen 'em).
- N we assume, and we show n plus 1.
- O's orthonormal (if so then we're done).
- P is a prime
and let Q be another;
- R is a ring, or a field if you'd ruther.
- S is for study (like good little geeks).
- T is for tutoring three nights a week.
- U is a union
- V is a vector;
- X we can use to stand for Whatever.
- Y's a good question; let's hypothesize.
- And Z is left as an exercise!