1. Why is opposition the best time to see Mars from Earth?
2. Why are some Martian oppositions better than others for viewing Mars?
3. How were the masses of Mars's moons measured, and what did these measurements tell us about their origin?
4. What are the Martian 'canals'?
5. What is the evidence that Mars never melted as extensively as did Earth?
6. How would Earth look from Mars?
7. Why is Mars red?
8. Why are Martian volcanoes so large?
9. Describe the major large-scale features on the surface of Mars.
10. Mars has a radius about ½ Earth's and a mass about 1/10 Earth's; what is its density relative to the Earth?