The Moons of Jupiter
1. In what senses are Jupiter and its moons like a miniature solar system?
2. How does the density of the Galilean moons vary with distance from Jupiter, and how can this be understood?
3. What is the cause of Io's volcanic activity?
4. What evidence is there for liquid water below Europa's surface?
5. What is the evidence that Ganymede's interior was heated as recently as one billion years ago?
6. How does cratering vary among the Galilean moons? Does it depend on location, and if so, why?
7. Why is there speculation that Europa might support life?
8. What might be the consequences of the discovery of life on Europa?
9. How much water do the moons of Jupiter have compared with the terrestrial planet?