1. Name and describe all the different types of objects found in the solar system. Give one distinguishing characteristic of each. Include a mention of interplanetary space.
2. What is comparative planetology? Why is it useful? What is its goal?
3. What astronomical observations must be made to determine the mass of a planet? Explain.
4. In what ways is the solar system orderly?
5. What are some disordered aspects of the solar system?
6. Name the Terrestrial planets. Why are they called 'Terrestrial'?
7. Name the Jovian planets and explain the name.
8. Name three important differences between Terrestrial and Jovian planets.
9. Compare the properties of Pluto with those of the Terrestrial and Jovian planets. How would you classify Pluto and why?
10. Why are asteroids and meteoroids important to planetary astronomy?
11. Comets vaporize in the Earth's atmosphere. How do we know their composition?