Experimental TeXShop (v 3.33)I recommend keeping your current TeXShop and installing this experimental version in a separate location. But in case of trouble you can also obtain the previous 3.26 version from this web site.
- Experimental TeXShop 3.33 for Lion, Mountain Lion, and Mavericks (70 MB)
- Source Code for Experimental Version (131 MB)
About TeXShop 3.33Versions 3.27 - 3.32 were never released.
The most important feature of release 3.33 is that TeXShop's source code was revised to support ARC and the program was compiled using Automatic Reference Counting. Thus memory management is now done by the compiler rather than by hand.
Version 3.33 has the following additional changes:
- A localization for Brazilian Portuguese is provided by Emerson Ribeiro de Mello.
- Spell checking now remembers a dictionary chosen in the "Show Spelling and Grammar" panel.
This makes it easier to use the CocoAspell package.
CocoAspell adds dictionaries to Apple's Spelling System which understand LaTeX and thus do not claim that LaTeX commands are misspelled. Obtain the system at http://cocoaspell.leuski.net/. After installing, notice that an extra Spelling Preference Pane has been added to Apple's System Preferences. Select a dictionary and turn on TeX/LaTeX filtering. Then either select this dictionary in TeXShop"s "Show Spelling and Grammar" panel, or select it globally in the "Keyboard" pane of Apple's System Preferences under the Text tab.
- In Mavericks, the code for selecting a region of the Preview file and the code for magnifying a region of
the Preview file broke. This was fixed in an earlier version of TeXShop by using the old code for Lion and
Mountain Lion, but using entirely new code for Mavericks. It appears, however, that the old code for Lion
and Mountain Lion did not work. Now the Mavericks code is used in all cases and works on Lion, Mountain
Lion, and Mavericks.
- Added Haskell literate script (lhs) as a type that TeXShop can edit, and that can be typeset and
- The Pythontex engine and documentation were slightly altered
- Rene Fritz provided a new French translation of TeXShop Tips & Tricks
- TeXShop now contains Latexmk 4.40
- TeXShop has a menu command to convert tiff illustrations
to png. This command uses "convert" if available, but otherwise uses Apple's "sips" program, which has been
part of OS X for a long time. Thus the removal of "convert" from MacTeX-2014 will not affect TeXShop.
- In Multipage mode, each typeset produced a small upward creep in the contents of the Preview
window for some users. This is improved, but not yet fixed.
- In Single Page mode, typesetting produced a momentary flash in the Preview window showing the document's first page,
immediately replaced by the current page. This is fixed.
- New code by Dirk-Willem van Guik to set the "Job Title" for print jobs.
- The "Show Log File" command has been improved. When this window
is first opened, it shows the full log file. Twelve check boxes at the top set various queries to texloganalyser, a script in TeX Live which can
pull various pieces of information from the log file. The Redo button then displays this information. For instance, texloganalyser can display
all warniings, or all overfull boxes, or all fonts used in a document. Unchecking all boxes and pushing Redo again displays the full log file.
If "Show Log File" is selected while holding down the Control key, a dialog appears asking for an extension. If the user types the extension "aux", then the window will display the aux file rather than the log file. Since texloganalyser only works on log files, checking boxes will then have no effect.