National and Regional Standards for Topic
ICT as an integral component of the content of the
disciplines you are planning to teach. Includes ICT tools
specific to particular disciplines, such as music
composition and performance systems.
The International Society
for Technology in Education (ISTE) is this county's
major professional society working in the field of
Information and Communication Technology in precollege
education and teacher education. It was established in 1979
by David Moursund, and its National Headquarters are located
in Eugene, Oregon.
ISTE has developed:
The National Educational Technology Standards (NETS) for
Teachers is broken into six major components.
Click here to access a list of the six components.
2. PLANNING AND DESIGNING LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS AND
Teachers plan and design effective learning environments
and experiences supported by technology. Teachers:
- design developmentally appropriate learning opportunities that apply technology-enhanced instructional strategies to support the diverse needs of learners;
- apply current research on teaching and learning with technology when planning learning environments and experiences;
- identify and locate technology resources and evaluate them for accuracy and suitability;
- plan for the management of technology resources within the context of learning activities. E.plan strategies to manage student learning in a technology-enhanced environment.
3. TEACHING, LEARNING, AND THE CURRICULUM.
Teachers implement curriculum plans, that include methods
and strategies for applying technology to maximize student
- facilitate technology-enhanced experiences that address content standards and student technology standards;
- use technology to support learner-centered strategies that address the diverse needs of students;
- apply technology to develop students' higher order skills and creativity;
- manage student learning activities in a technology-enhanced environment.
6. SOCIAL, ETHICAL, LEGAL, AND HUMAN ISSUES
Teachers understand the social,ethical,legal,and human
issues surrounding the use of technology in PK-12 schools
and apply those principles in practice. Teachers:
- model and teach legal and ethical practice related to technology use;
- apply technology resources to enable and empower learners with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, and abilities;
- identify and use technology resources that affirm diversity;
- promote safe and healthy use of technology resources;
- facilitate equitable access to technology resources for all students.