Dr. Janne Underriner received the Research Innovation Award on June 1, 2011 at a ceremony held for the RIA awardees in the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art.
The focus of the Research Innovation Awards program in 2011 was on the leadership contributions of directors at the Research Centers and Institutes reporting to the Office of the Vice President for Research. The awards were reviewed and recommended by the executive leadership team in the Office of the Vice President for Research and endorsed by the Provost and School and College Deans.
All awardees received a video presentation highlighting the collective work and contributions of UO’s research centers and institutes, including a spotlight on the Northwest Indian Language Institute and the work that Janne does for NILI; a $1000 honorarium in recognition of her leadership contributions to the NILI; and a beautiful glass plate award hand crafted by a local artist. For more information and photos of the award ceremony, please see Janne’s page here.
Other Award recipients included:
- Dave Johnson, Director, Center for Advanced Materials Characterization in Oregon
- Craig Young, Director, Oregon Institute of Marine Biology
- Jim Brau, Director, Center for High Energy Physics
- Jeff Hanes, Director, Center for Asian and Pacific Studies and Director, Title VI East Asia National Resource Center
- Beth Stormshak, Director, Child and Family Center
- Megan Smith, Co-Director, Community Service Center and Program Director, Resource Assistance for Rural Environments Program (RARE)
- Robert Parker, Co-Director, Community Service Center and Program Director, Community Planning Workshop (CPW)
We congratulate all the recipients of the Research Innovation Award!