Volunteer for Safe Ride
Volunteers are a central component of what we do at Safe Ride. Without the help of much needed volunteers, Safe Ride would be unable to assist the average of 60 riders a night move safely and securely throughout the streets of Eugene. Each volunteer allows us to schedule an additional van each shift. Come in to the Safe Ride office to speak with one of our volunteer coordinators or email us at email@example.com to learn more!
Why should you volunteer for Safe Ride?
- Volunteering is a great opportunity to learn the streets of Eugene while getting to know new people. You can even volunteer with a friend and schedule some quality time together each week.
- It's a great way to earn community service hours for your sorority, fraternity or other organization.
- It's tons of fun, and you will be helping keep the streets of Eugene safe!
What does volunteering for Safe Ride entail?
- The responsibilities of Safe Ride volunteers vary. Our two main positions for volunteers are Driver and Navigator. Both positions require a half hour training session with one of our volunteer coordinators, during which etiquette and protocol will be explained.
- Volunteer Drivers and Navigators are asked to commit to one 2 to 2.5 hour shift, once per week, for at least one term. If you cannot commit this much time or are interested in other forms of volunteering, such as educating or advertising, contact us and we'll work something out. Our coordinators are always happy to hear suggestions!
- Drivers need to become van certified by completing an additional training that can be scheduled through a volunteer coordinator.
- The driver's co-pilot, or Navigator, is responsible for informing the driver of passenger pickup and drop off locations while maintaining communication with the Safe Ride office over the CB radio.
How to sign up
If interested, fill out this volunteer questionnaire! You can also email one of our Volunteer & Outreach Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by our office located in EMU 12F, in the Women's Center with any questions.