Goals of these Institutes
1) To identify and recruit college/university faculty--especially those reaching a diverse group of students--who are interested in changing the environment in their introductory physics courses to a more active one, using computer-supported, activity-based materials.
2) To introduce faculty to the new active learning physics pedagogy that is possible through the curricula and tools of the Activity Based Physics Suite.
3) To help faculty develop a plan for use of these materials in their courses.
4) To support faculty in their implementation back at their home institutions. To introduce faculty to action research, and prepare them to conduct research on student learning in their classrooms.
5) To enlist and train faculty in dissemination of active learning strategies.
6) To provide opportunities to facilitate the development of a cadre of faculty who are actively involved in implementing and disseminating active learning.
Return to ABPFI Home Page