travelnews: REMINDER Meals on One Day Trips

As of March 1, 2003 we will start taxing any breakfast or dinner that is
reimbursed on a one day trip.  The IRS considers breakfast and dinner
allowances, figured on the basis of hours worked, to be taxable to the
traveler.  If breakfast and dinner allowances are paid, account code 28502
- Overtime Meal Allowance - must be used.  Please inform your travelers of
this new policy.

To view the complete policy for meals on one day trips go to
http://baowww.uoregon.edu/Travel/travelreimbursement.htm
If you have missed some of the travelnews messages, you can go to the
website listed below.

To view all TRAVELNEWS messages posted since October 31, 2001 visit our
archive at http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~travel/travelnews/index.html