travelnews: LIABILITY COVERAGE OUT OF THE COUNTRY

MEDEX cards are available for Liability coverage for those
employee's who wish to travel out of the country. These cards provide
phone numbers along with a Policy number, company name, and a expiration
date. The cards are for physicians and hospitals to verify benefits and
procedures. These cards also help the traveler find an English speaking
doctor, assuring hospital admittance, provide case management,
coordinate medical evacuation and prepare individuals for travel. MEDEX
has the resources and experience to deal with the situation and provide
efficient and quality assistance. The cards we have now expire
Jan.1,2004. New cards willl be issued for the new year.

The UO obtains coverage by reporting the countries you plan on
traveling to (estimate) in an annual report to DAS RMD. All potential
"out of the country" travelers must report, to Risk Management in
November, an estimate for the coming year on which country and how many
trips they may take.

If you are traveling and are uncertain if the country you are traveling
to has coverage or need further information, please contact the risk
coordinator at 6-3190.

To view all TRAVELNEWS messages posted since October 31, 2001 visit our
archive at http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~travel/travelnews/index.html