travelnews: FRAUD ALERT

We just received this message from US Bank concerning the Corporate Travel
cards.  Please pass this along to your travelers as they may be the
holders of one of the cards.

We have been made aware that a very small number of cardholders may have
received an e-mail suggesting that their U.S. Bank account had been
suspended due to fraudulent activity.  This e-mail typically has the
subject "Your Account at U.S. Bank Has Been Suspended"  and provides a
link for contact to verify the cardholder's identity and get their card
reactivated.  We've provided a copy of the e-mail below for your
reference.

According to U.S. Bank's Fraud Prevention and Investigation area, this is
a fraudulent e-mail.  Their instructions are that you DO NOT REPLY to this
e-mail under any circumstances and furthermore, do not click on the link
that you see on this e-mail.  Instead, please forward it on to
fraud_help@usbank.com so that we may use it as we begin our efforts to
identify the individuals responsible for this fraud attempt.  Finally, we
want to assure you that U.S. Bank will not contact you directly under any
circumstances to verify identity, and if you ever see an e-mail again like
the one provided below, you should NEVER respond and, again, always foward
this e-mail to forward it to fraud_help@usbank.com.

We would also like to assure all cardholders that there has been no
fraudulent activity reported and no cards have been suspended as this
e-mail suggests.  All Corporate Cards are secure and remain open and
active.

Thank you for your cooperation and please forgive any inconvieniece this
e-mail may have caused.

FRAUDULENT E-MAIL ATTACHMENT

Dear U.S. Bank account holder,
We regret to inform you, that we had to block your U.S. Bank account
because we have been notified that your account may have been compromised
by outside parties.
Our terms and conditions you agreed to state that your account must always
be under your control or those you designate at all times.
We have noticed some activity related to your account that indicates that
other parties may have access and or control of your information in your
account.
These parties have in the past been involved with money laundering,
illegal drugs, terrorism and various Federal Title 18 violations.
In order that you may access your account we must verify your identity by
clicking on the link below.
Please be aware that until we can verify your identity no further access
to your account will be allowed and we will have no other liability for
your
account or any transactions that may have occurred as a result of your
failure to reactivate your account as instructed below.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
https://www.usbank.com/account_verify/cgi/index.htm
Before you reactivate your account, all payments have been frozen, and you
will not be able to use your account in any way until we have verified
your
identity.

To view all TRAVELNEWS messages posted since October 31, 2001 visit our
archive at http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~travel/travelnews/index.html