travelnews: Travel Advances

To all Travel Administrators:

We have improved the way travel advances are processed!

Advances can now easily be offset against the traveler's expense
reimbursement in the system.  Rather than travelers having to make a
separate payment for the entire amount of the advance after the
reimbursement has been processed and paid, the reimbursement will be
applied to the outstanding advance.

Ø If the reimbursement amount is greater than the advance, a payment will
be issued for the difference.
Ø If the reimbursement amount is less than the advance, attach a check for
the difference to the travel reimbursement form.  If the travel
reimbursement is approved in the department rather than the Business
Affairs Office, forward the check to the Accounts Payable with a note
indicating the Traveler Name, UO ID, and that the payment is for a travel
advance.

For a complete list of procedures see http://ba/Travel/traveladvances.htm.

To view all TRAVELNEWS messages posted since October 31, 2001 visit our
archive at http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~travel/travelnews/index.html