travelnews: New Foreign travel insurance card (ACE)

TRAVELING OUT OF THE COUNTRY FOR OFFICIAL UO BUSINESS
ACE CARD 08/10/09

This is a post-only email.  Do not reply to this message: Reply to Shereej@uoregon.edu

Effective today, you will need to acquire a NEW CARD. Coverage is for UO employee’s only. We have a new policy with a different carrier (ACE).

For coverage: Please notify BAO Risk Management of your official UO business trips by email only (shereej@uoregon.edu) anytime, (before travel date), throughout the year.

Copy of the card: After you have forwarded # 1-5 below to BAO Risk Management, you may download a copy of the ACE card here: http://baowww.uoregon.edu/RiskManagement/medexcard.pdf

Before traveling on Official UO Business, employees need to report the following:

1)      DEPARTMENT:
2)      EMPLOYEE NAME:
3)      DATE(S) OF TRAVEL:
4)    NAME OF COUNTRY (not city name):
5)    A “very detailed” explanation of why the UO is requesting you to travel.

Note: If you do not forward #1-5, and you download a copy of the new card, you may be denied coverage by the carrier! We must receive your notice of travel for coverage.

For additional policy info, please see: http://baowww.uoregon.edu/riskmanagement.htm

Shereé Johnson

BAO Risk Management

shereej@uoregon.edu