travelnews: Portland Hotel

Hotel Modera in Portland has agreed to give our travelers a room rate within our per diem.  Here is a short description of what they offer.

We are offering University of Oregon a rate of $109 plus tax for a premiere king room.  This includes 250 Alaska Airline miles per stay, complimentary passes to 24 Hour Fitness (next door) and a VIP package in the room.

We are a new boutique hotel in downtown Portland, on the light rail line (in the free rail zone from the hotel to the White Stag blocks) and 1 block from the streetcar line providing easy access to the city, airport and convention center.  We offer 174 premiere rooms and suites, a lovely urban courtyard with a vertical living wall of native plantings and fire pits, a business center, meeting rooms and complimentary wireless throughout the hotel.   Pictures and information can be found on our website www.hotelmodera.com and also by taking a look at our video: www.hotelmodera.com/Hotel-Modera-Video-Tour.aspx

We are offering University of Oregon a rate of $109 plus tax for a premiere king room.  This includes 250 Alaska Airline miles per stay, complimentary passes to 24 Hour Fitness (next door) and a VIP package in the room.

Our full service restaurant, Nel Centro (www.nelcentro.com) is run by one of Portland’s celebrity chefs, David Machado, and offers a northern Mediterranean cuisine.  Outdoor dining is available and there are two private dining rooms that overlook the courtyard.  They also offer room service and Happy Hour every day from 4-6pm.

Parking is a separate charge.  We usually charge $27 per night in season and $20 off season.  We will offer U of O a rate of $15.

Carolyn Wooley

University of Oregon

Travel Manager

541-346-3158 phone