travelnews: FYI from Azumano Travel Travel Warning

Title: Azumano Travel

        Important Information

Department of State Updates Travel Warning for Philippines

The Department of State warns U.S. citizens of the risks of terrorist activity in the Philippines, especially in the Sulu Archipelago and on the island of Mindanao. Sporadic clashes have occurred between lawless groups and the Philippine Armed Forces throughout Mindanao, particularly in rural areas. Travelers should exercise extreme caution and be aware of heightened police activity and significant military presence if traveling in these areas.

Terrorist attacks could be indiscriminate and could occur in other areas, to include Manila. Targeted sites may be public gathering places including, but not limited to, airports, shopping malls, conference centers, and other public venues. U.S. citizens should exercise caution when traveling in the vicinity of demonstrations since they can turn confrontational and possibly escalate to violence.

Kidnap-for-ransom gangs are active throughout the Philippines and have targeted foreigners.

We encourage U.S. citizens traveling abroad to enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program or at the U.S. Embassy in Manila. By enrolling, travelers can receive the Embassy’s most recent security and safety updates during you’re their trip, and it allows the Embassy to contact them in case of emergency. The U.S. Embassy is located at: 1201 Roxas Boulevard, Manila, Philippines, tel. 63-2-301-2000.

       Branch Locations

ANCHORAGE, AK
907-266-6633
800-770-2638

CORVALLIS, OR
541-757-9792
800-334-2929

 PORTLAND, OR
503-223-6245
800-777-2018

TIGARD, OR
503-620-1050
800-634-2306

VANCOUVER, WA
360-253-2253
800-888-7025

If you do not wish to receive these communiqués, please email us at corporatetravel@azumano.com or fax us at 503-294-6474.

© 2005 Azumano Travel. All rights reserved.

EXECUTIVE OFFICES
320 S.W. Stark St., #600
Portland, OR 97204

This newsletter is sent to our targeted opt-in recipients. We apologize if you received this email by mistake.

This message was sent to . If you would like to change the address our mailings are sent to click here. To opt-out of our mailings click here.