travelnews: Airport Shuttle Service / Phoenix Inn Suites Eugene

Hello Travel Coordinators.

Following is information about the Phoenix Inn in Eugene and services they provide.  They have a new shuttle service that they are offering to their hotel guests.  This is starting December 1, 2011.  This is a great benefit to the UO that will help save dollars on taxi/shuttle fares to and from the Eugene airport.

·         The shuttle is complimentary for hotel guests of UO whether they be single reservations or group blocks

·         The shuttle itself can accommodate up to ten passengers. If more than 10 people are being transported at one time, it may be necessary to make two separate “runs”

·         In the event that hotel guests choose not to wait for the next pick up, the guest may opt to pay for their own transportation accordingly

·         When making reservations, please indicate whether your guests will need airport transportation. If this information is unknown or unavailable at the time the reservation is made, please have your guest call the hotel directly when the flight times do become available so that we can schedule transportation accordingly (Group transportation will also be arranged at time of booking).

·         In the event that a shuttle is not scheduled and we receive a phone call requesting immediate pick up, please know that we will make the pick up as soon as possible.

·         It will be extremely helpful if you have the flight times and flight numbers available when you call to make your reservations

·         If the flight times or flight numbers should change, please notify us as soon as possible so that we can modify our pick up and drop off times

·         The first shuttle of the day departs the hotel at 7am. The last shuttle of the day returns to the hotel at 11pm. Any times outside of this will need to be the responsibility of the guest

·         If you have any questions, please feel free to call us directly at 541-344-0001 so we can discuss

On that same note, the new discount rate for UO will be $104 plus tax per night also starting on December 1, 2011 (subject to availability). The $104 rate is below the maximum per diem allowed per night and with the added benefit of airport transportation, complimentary breakfast and free wireless internet access.   I believe we’ve packed in quite a bit of value for UO and their guests.

Carolyn Wooley

University of Oregon

Travel Manager

541-346-3158 phone