Charge to the IAC
The following information is taken from Minutes
of the June 1992 Assembly meeeting. INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETIC COMMITTEE.
A. The University of Oregon's Intercollegiate Athletic Committee (IAC)
1. be authorized to make recommendations concerning all aspects of intercollegiate
2. provide advice and consultation to the Athletic Director, the Vice President
for Administration, and the President concerning any and all aspects of
3. be a faculty committee;
4. meet at regularly scheduled intervals;
5. set meeting agendas by the chair consulting with IAC members and the
6. receive no perquisites or favors which might compromise their objectivity;
7. provide faculty and student oversight and input to intercollegiate athletics;
8. aid understanding of intercollegiate athletics among faculty and students;
9. be accountable directly to the University Senate; and
10. submit an annual report to the President of the University Senate at
the end of each academic year which summarizes IAC activities during the
year. The University Senate may direct the IAC to address particulatr issues
(such as budget issues, law and compliance issues, and student athletes'
welfare) in these reports.
Web page spun on 9 February 2000 by
B Gilkey 202 Deady Hall, Department of Mathematics
University of Oregon,
Eugene OR 97403-1222, U.S.A. Phone 1-541-346-4717 Email:email@example.com
Deady Spider Enterprises