Sponsored by: Undergraduate Council
Action date: January 12, 2005
Any student holding an Oregon Transfer Module that conforms to the guidelines below will have met the requirements for the Transfer Module at any Oregon community college or institution in the Oregon University System. Upon transfer, the receiving institution may specify additional course work that is required for a major or for degree requirements or to make up the difference between the Transfer Module and the institution's total General Education requirements.
The Oregon Transfer Module includes the following course work, which is equivalent to 3 academic quarters. The coursework must be chosen from the courses approved for the categories below by the institution issuing the credit. In the case of community colleges, these will be courses approved for the AA/OT degree; in the case of universities and 4-year colleges, they will be courses approved for the General Education part of a baccalaureate degree. All courses must have a grade of "C-" or better, must be worth at least 3 credits (quarter system). Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 at the time the module is posted.
Foundational Skills (Referred to as General Requirements in the current AA-OT degree)
· Writing: Two courses of college-level composition.
· Oral Communication: One course of fundamentals of speech or communication.
· Mathematics: One course of college-level mathematics, for which at least Intermediate Algebra is a prerequisite
Introduction to Disciplines (Referred to as Distribution Requirements in current AA-OT Degree)
· Arts and Letters: Three courses.
· Social Sciences: Three courses.
· Science/Math/Computer Science: Three courses, including at least one biological or physical science with a lab.
· As required to bring the total credits to 45. Courses must be from the Introduction to Disciplines areas (Arts & Letters, Social Science, or Science/Math/Computer Science).
|Web page spun on 4 January 2005 by Peter B Gilkey 202 Deady Hall, Department of Mathematics at the University of Oregon, Eugene OR 97403-1222, U.S.A. Phone 1-541-346-4717 Email:firstname.lastname@example.org of Deady Spider Enterprises|