Joint Senate-Academic Affairs Committee
on Teaching Evaluations
Priscilla Southwell (chair) – CAS Dean’s Office/Political Science
Deb Bauer – Finance (LCB)
Michael Filippelli (ASUO)
Bertram Malle – Psychology (CAS)
Gina Psaki – Romance Languages and Literatures (CAS)
+ two additional faculty
1) Are the currently required four questions in our course evaluations the right ones?
2) Should we include questions that are directed at overall university efforts to maintain teaching quality – ones that do not directly reflect on the instructor of the courses?
3) Should we change the manner and location in which the data on teaching evaluations is currently reported?
4) Should alter the statistics that are reported along with this data?
5) How can we use the qualitative comments in a more effective way such that they can be used in generalized assessments?
6) How are we using these evaluations, and should we have different forms of evaluations that better fit these different purposes?
7) Should we integrate the evaluation of research with the evaluation of teaching?
The committee will begin working Winter term and consult broadly with the University community. The committee will provide the Senate with its recommendations no later than the final meeting in May 2007.
|Web page spun on 13 February 2007 by Peter B Gilkey 202 Deady Hall, Department of Mathematics at the University of Oregon, Eugene OR 97403-1222, U.S.A. Phone 1-541-346-4717 Email:email@example.com of Deady Spider Enterprises|