To: Gordon Sayre, President of the University Senate
From: Ronald Mitchell, Chair of the Graduate Council
Re: Graduate Council Report for 2007-2008
Date: Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Please find below a list of the actions taken by the Graduate Council during the current academic year. More detail on
any of these actions can be found in the minutes for each of the Graduate Council meetings that are available via the
Graduate Council website at
- Approved a waiver of the year of residency on the "Eugene campus"
- requirement for the D.Ed. Portland Metro program
with the condition that this waiver will be reviewed for continuation in three years.
- Reviewed professional development services for graduate students.
- Considered whether to accept three-year undergraduate degrees for admission to graduate programs and whether to
modify UO language to read, "must be a graduate of an accredited three- or four-year college or university"
- Approved revised proposal for new instructional program leading to a Master's in Curriculum and Teaching.
- Approved revised proposal for new instructional program leading to a Master's in Curriculum and Teacher Education.
- Approved revised proposal for new instructional program leading to Ph.D. in Critical and Socio-Cultural Studies in
- Discussed funding workshops for graduate students.
- Approved the Proposal for the Initiation of a New Instructional Program Leading to the Ecological Design Certificate
in Architecture & Allied Arts.
- Discussed graduate student enrollment growth.
- Received updates on all Graduate School award competitions.
- Discussed modification of Doctoral Dissertation Committee Policy.
- Approved name change for Planning, Public Policy and Management major from "Public Policy - Management"
- Approved name change for Planning, Public Policy and Management certificate from "Not-for-Profit Management"
- to "Non
- Approved modification of language in Doctoral Dissertation Committee Policy