US09/10-1 To create a Senate Committee on Faculty Governance
Moved: That the Senate form a committee to
prepare a draft university governance document for discussion at the announced
meeting of the Statutory Faculty on Wednesday 18 November 2009 at 15:30.
The Senate President is directed to contact the so-called "Dead Presidents"
[former Senate Presidents, excluding the current (2009-2010) President] and
to contact the members of the UO Senate and to invite the individuals contacted
to serve on said committee.
- This motion was originally considered at the 27 May meeting of the UO
Senate -- the original is available at the location
http://www.uoregon.edu/~uosenate/dirsen089/X23.html. It was amended
at that meeting and the version above will be considered
at the October meeting of the UO Senate.
- The list of former Senate Presidents in question is comprised of the following:
- Academic 1995/6: Senate President Paul Simonds
- Academic 1996/7: Senate President Carl Bybee
- Academic 1997/8: Senate President Ann Tedards
- Academic 1998/9: Senate President Jeff Hurwit
- Academic 1999/0: Senate President Peter Gilkey (NOT INCLUDED)
- Academic 2000/1: Senate President Jim Earl
- Academic 2001/2: Senate President Nathan Tublitz
- Academic 2002/3: Senate President Greg McLauchlan
- Academic 2003/4: Senate President Lowell Bowditch.
- Academic 2004/5: Senate President W. Andrew Marcus (Geography)
- Academic 2005/6: Senate President Peter Keyes
- Academic 2006/7: Senate Presidents Jeff Hurwit (F06), Suzanne Clark (W07), and W. Andrew Marcus
- Academic 2007/8: Senate President Gordon Sayre
- Academic 2008/9: Senate President Paul van-Donkelaar