Letters and Documents of the Senate 2009/2010
- Some photos by Peter Gilkey
- Email from Paul Simonds
agreeing to be Parlimentarian of the Senate for 2009/10
- Email correspondence between
Peter Gilkey and Frank Stahl regarding quorum.
- Remarks by incoming Senate President
Peter Gilkey at the 27 May organizational Senate meeting.
- Appointment of the Senate
Rules Committee. See also
27 May 2009 from Nathan Tublitz to the 2008/9 UO Senate
- Email from Peter Gilkey
concerning civility in relationship to the 27 May 2009 UO Senate meeting.
- Email from Harinder Kaur Khalsa
concerning faculty governance.
- Email 28 May 2009 from Paul van
Donkelaar concerning the Faculty Governance Committee.
- Email 29 May 2009 from Paul van
Donkelaar concerning the 27 May 2009 VP Election process. See subsequent
email as well.
- Email 29 May 2009 from Frank Stahl
concerning the 27 May 2009 VP Election process.
- Email 29 May 2009 between Peter
Gilkey and Paul Simonds concerning a POSSIBLE contingency in faculty governance.
- Email 30 May 2009 between Peter
Gilkey and Frank Stahl concerning US09/10-1.
- Email 2 June 2009 concerning the VP
Election from Paul van Donkelaar.
- Information concerning
full voting rights for the Senate Vice President.
- Email exchange between Dave Hubin
and Peter Gilkey concerning putting committee solicitation system on
- Emails from Peter Gilkey
concerning the decision by PEBB to switch to a new provider.
- Email of 15 June 2009 from Peter
Gilkey concerning Senate Minutes.
- Email of 16 June 2009 from
Peter Gilkey to the UO Senate concerning Senate Committee Structures.
- Email of 16 June 2009 from Peter
Gilkey concerning PEBB.
- Email of 17 June 2009 from Nathan
Tublitz concerning PEBB.
by Linda King to the IFS concerning the OSU Senate meeting on PEBB 17 June 2009.
- Email from P. Gilkey 18 June
2009 concerning SRC.
- Email from P. Gilkey 18 June
2009 concerning FSC.
- Email from P. Gilkey 19 June
2009 concerning the SBC.
- Letter from Peter Gilkey to Dave
Frohnmayer 21 June 2009 concerning Faculty Governance and Summer 2009.
Communication to the
campus community 6 July 2009 concerning PEBB from Ernie Pressman (Benefits
Email 7 July 2009 from Peter Gilkey to
Dave Hubin concerning an Ad-hoc Senate-Presidential working group on internal governance.
Email 18 August 2009 to the members of the Faculty Governance Committee.
Charge to the Faculty Governance Committee.
- State of the University 1969 by
UO President Clark -- relates to faculty governance.
Faculty Leadership Meeting
22 September 2009
- A possible faculty governance
proposal. This was presented to the Faculty Governance Committee by P. Gilkey
24 September 2009 and represents a document which was circulated last spring.
It is neither endorsed nor recommended by P. Gilkey and is only presented
in the interests of an open debate.
- Lecture "what
is the role of the Senate on a unionized campus - the SUNY Buffalo experience" by Ezra Zubrow
- Wednesday 7 October 1600-1720 Knight Library Brousing Room. Sponsored by the UO Chapter of
- PEBB information links.
- Report of the Senate Nominating
Committee to the 14 October 2009 UO Senate meeting.
- Email 13 October 2009 from
P. Gilkey to M. Grier concerning the Oregon Public Meetings Law and
its applicability to the UO Senate.
Information on Open Access
Week (Oct 19-23) at the UO -- relates to
US 09/10-3 a motion to create a committee
on open access.
Report by Paul Donkelaar to the UO Senate 14 October 2009 concerning the
faculty governance committee.
- 14 October 2009
Intent to substantively revise the UO Policy Statement: Alleged Misconduct in
- Two emails requesting postponment of
the 18 November 2009 Statuatory Faculty meeting
Email P. Gilkey 15 October 2009
Motion 15 October 2009 from the
Faculty Governance Committee.
- Information presented at
University Senate meeting October 14, 2009
by F. Dyke CFO and Vice President for Finance and Administration
- Email 16 October 2009 from P.
Gilkey concerning open enrollment.
- Announcement of the Town Hall
Meeting 21 October 2009 concerning the budget. See also
Email from Gilkey to members of
the UO Senate 16 October 2009.
- Remarks by Parlimentarian
Paul SImonds to the UO Senate 14 October 2009.
- IMD 6.205-6.215 concerning
copyright (for full State Board IMD see
[Archival copy on this website]
- Email from Parlimentarian Paul
Simonds 20 October 2009 about the spring organizational meeting.
Links concerning public acess to scholarly publications.
- Email from Peter Gilkey
to various people 24 October 2009 concerning US09/10-3 (Public access
to scholarly publishing).
- Report of the Senate Nominating
Committee to the 11 November meeting of the UO Senate.
- A proposal
for a Bi-Cameral Legislature as a model of Faculty Governance -
prepared by P. Gilkey 1 November 2009.
- Email 2 November 2009 to the
Senate Rules Committee concerning US09/10-7 and US09/10-8.
- Email 3 November 2009
- Memo 5 November 2009
from P. Gilkey
- Email 5 November 2009
from P. Gilkey
- Remarks by Carl Bybee (President
UO Chapter AAUP) to the UO Senate October 2009
- Report by the
Faculty Governance Committee to the UO Senate 11 November 2009.
- Report to the UO Senate
11 November 2009 by the General Counsel concerning the patriot act.
- Report to the UO Senate 11 November 2009
on sustainability/greenhouse gasses.
- Memo 10 November 2009 --
a note of clarification on practices that have been followed to organize the
interaction between the provost and his staff with the FPC. This either does
or does not relate to US09/10-8
- Emails 10 November 2009
to Frank Stahl and to the Senate Rules Committee re US09/10-8.
- Information from OUS concerning enrollment
2009 Enrollment data and Fall 2009
enrollment fact sheet presented to the 2009/10 UO Senate.
Information given by M. Grier concerning
the extent to which the Oregon Public Meetings Law is applicable to the UO Senate.
- Email from Senate
President Gilkey requesting
information concerning recent use of public information requests.
- Email from Frank Stahl
16 November 2009 relating to a previous
Memo from M.
Grier concerning the extent to which the Oregon Public Meetings Law is applicable to the UO Senate.
- Email 9 April 2009 from
John Bonine concerning voting status of Emeritus Faculty in the Assembly.
Followup 16 November 2010 by
Frank Stahl. Further followup
17 November 2010 by Frank Stahl.
- Memo of 17 November 2009 to UO
President Lariviere concerning Senate Actions taken in October and November 2009.
18 November 2009 from Dave Frohnmayer to George Pernsteiner re
The Coming Crisis in College Completion:
Oregon's Challenge and a Proposal for First Steps
- Email 19 November 2009 from
Parlimentarian Paul Simonds concerning how to appeal a ruling of the chair.
- Email 19 November 2009 requesting
postponement of consideration of US09/10-6 until January.
- Information on Furloughs at Oregon
- Email 20 November 2009 from P. Gilkey
to the Senate Rules Committee Re US09/10-7 attaching
received from the General Counsel's Office concerning this motion.
- Report by Colin Miller (Director of Design and Editing Services) to
the 2 December UO Senate
concerning the possibility
of the UO going paperless for the UO general catalog and the Law School
catalog (see SenateCatalogHistory.pdf
and SenateCatalogTimeline Going paperless.pdf)
- Formation of the Senate Ad Hoc Committee on Public
Access to Scholarly Publishing.
- Email 23 November 2009
concerning possible policy statements.
- Senate Ad Hoc Committee on Scholarly
Publishing Web Page
- Comments 20 November 2009 by John Minahan (President Western Oregon
University) concerning the
- Email as of 28 November 2009
from Professor Harbaugh concerning
US 09/10-7 and postponing consideration until
Report Of the internal governance committee to the UO Senate 2 December 2009.
Email 2 December 2009 from John Bonine concerning Faculty Governance.
Letter from UO Senate President Gilkey
to UO President Lariviere concerning actions taken by the UO Senate at
the 2 December 2009 UO Senate meeting.
Email 6 December 2009 from Peter Gilkey
to the UO Senate concerning US09/10-9, US09/10-10, and the possible
of organizing a townhall meeting.
Document given by Senate President Gilkey
to the OA Council 9 December 2009.
Documents given by Senate President
Gilkey to the Senate Ad Hoc Committee on Public Access 9 December 2009.
- Email 9 December 2009 from
Dev Sinha concerning the first meeting of the Senate Ad Hoc
Committee on Public Access to Scholarly Materials.
Email correspondence 4 Dec 2009 and
subsequent between Senate President Gilkey and the General Counsel concerning a
freedom of information act request re
See also Correspondence from Gilkey 10 Dec
2009 and Correspondence between
GIlkey and Harbaugh 10-11 Dec 2009.
Email 4 Dec 2009 from Robert Melnick
to the Campus Community solicitying comments on the
Draft Conflict of
Commitment report by the Conflict of Commitment Working Group. Updated
10 December 2009 -- see also
by Robin Holmes (Vice President Student Affairs) to the UO Senate 2 Dec 2009.
- Email 12 December 2009 transmitting
US09/10-12 to the Senate Rules Committee.
- Some emails from Peter Gilkey
to various people relating to a possible townhall meeting concerning
- Email 20
and Email 22 December 2009
from Bill Harbaugh concerning US09/10-7.
- Email 4 January 2010 from
Peter Gilkey pursuant to US09/10-10 appointing a Senate
Working Group to implement US08/9-8.
- OA policy initiative report
from Linda King for the UO Senate 13 January 2010.
- Memo 22 December 2009
from Russ Tomlin (Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs) to
Gordon Sayre (FPC Chair) re Consultation with the FPC Chair.
- Presentation by Professor Frohnmayer
to the UO Senate 13 January 2010.
- Email concerning Report for Review and Comment on Conflict
of Commitment (7 January 2010); Cover letter and
Draft Final Report
- Memo from Rich Linton 8 January 2010
concerning the Riverfront Research Park Planning. This is related to
- Email -- An Election Reminder
from the Office of the General Counsel
- Email from UO Senate
Vice President Nathan Tublitz 8 January 2010 concerning
Survey of Providence related health care issues.
- Draft Resolution from the
InterInstitutional Faculty Senate on Restructuring Public Higher Education in
- Email from UO Senator
Stark-MacMillan 10 January 2010 concering the Riverfront Research Park
- 12 January 2010 Appointment of theJoint
administration/senate committee on State Accountability Metrics and
of the Senate Working Group to implement US08/9-8.
- Email 11 January 2010 from P. Gilkey to M. Grier
concerning Freedom of Information Request made in December.
- Email from Frank Stahl 11 January 2010
- Email from John Bonine 12 January 2010 with several
questions for the UO President. See also
Letter from Peter Gilkey to the UO President
and to the General Counsel.
- Resignation Letter of Peter Gilkey as Senate President as of 13 January 2010.
- Letter from Senate President Nathan Tublitz to UO President Richard Lariviere as of 19 January 2010 concerning Riverfront Research Park.
- Letter from Senate President Nathan Tublitz to Mayor Piercy as of 19 January 2010 concerning Riverfront Research Park.
- Letter from Senate President Nathan Tublitz to General
Counsel Melinda Grier 21 January 2010.
- Report of the Joint Academic Affairs/Senate Conflict of Commitment Working Group, 3 February 2010.
- Letter from Senate President Nathan Tublitz to Oregon Senate Commerce and Workforce Development Committee regarding Senate Bill 989, 5 February 2010.
- Letter from members of the Child Care and Family Support Committee to Senate President Nathan Tublitz and Vice President for Finance and Administration, Frances Dyke, 24 February, 2010.
- Letter from Margie Paris (Law) and Bob Bussel (Labor and Education Research Center) re resolution concerning Pacifica Forum US09/10-14
- Article on Academic Freedom by Cary Nelson, AAUP President
- Report from Internal Governance Committee Chair, Paul van Donkelaar to UO Senate 14 April 2010
- Proposed Policy Statement to describe University policy and commitment regarding academic freedom and freedom of inquiry. Basis of Senate motion US09/10-18.
- Overview of Budget Model by Brad Shelton, Vice Provost for Budget and Planning to UO Senate 14 April 2010
- Results of University Senate Survey on Unionization 28 Apr 2010
- Proposed Policy on Use of Facilities 29 April 2010
- Freedom of Inquiry PolicyTo describe University policy and commitment regarding academic freedom and freedom of inquiry. 29 April 2010
- Letter regarding smoke free campus update from Frances Dyke, Vice President Finance and Administration. 1 May 2010
- Memo from Professor Alec Murphy regarding unionization. 3 May 2010
- UO Salary Comparisons 2009-10 from local AAUP
- Report from Undergraduate Council (2009-2010) 26 May 2010
- Report from Athletics Department 2009-2010. 14 April 2010
- Report from Vice President Charles Martinez, Office of Institutional Equity and Diversity: Diversity Strategic Action Plans Progress Report Summary 26 May 2010
- Email to University Senators from Senate President Nathan Tublitz re Conclusion of Academic Year in the University Senate
- 2009-2010 End-of-Year Report from Undergraduate Council, 26 May 2010
- Report on Grade Culture from Undergraduate Council, 3 June 2010
- 2009-10 Annual Report from the Faculty Advisory Council, chaired by Barbara Altman (Romance Languages)
last updated 17 August 2010 by ms