A. University Standing Committees. These are committees established by University Senate legislation and whose charges have broad relevance to and impact upon the general University Community. University-wide issues include but are not limited to general academic issues, the curriculum, campus governance, student and faculty affairs, International Programs, University awards, and issues affecting campus atmosphere and diversity. University Standing Committees shall at minimum provide a written report to the Senate and in some cases also shall report to the Administration based on their enabling legislation.
B. Administrative Advisory Groups. These are groups formed by administrators to advise the Administration about a particular area of concern. Their membership and charge are defined by the Administration in consultation with the University Senate. These groups report to the Administration. They also have an obligation to raise matters of concern to the University Senate and to keep the Senate apprised of major decisions.
C. Externally-Mandated Boards. These are boards required under State or Federal law or through the State Board=s administrative rules to address issues of specific, non-academic concerns. Their membership and charge are defined by the Administration in consultation with the University Senate. These boards report to the Administration and will consult with the Senate on issues of campus-wide importance.
Using these definitions, existing campus-wide committees, groups and
boards have been evaluated and assigned to one of the above categories
as shown in Figure 1. Any future campus-wide body should be designed
to fit within one of the above categories and to follow the principles
set forth in the Basic Principles document.
B) Administrative Advisory Groups
1. Classified Staff Training & Development (0)
2. Committee on Policy for Univ. Licensees (?)
3. Disabilities Issues Admin. Council (?)
4. Diversity Building Scholarship Committee(?)
5. Educational Technology Fee Advisory (?)
6. Emerald Board of Directors *(0)
7. EMU Board *(11)
8. Family Housing Board *(6)
9. Off-Campus Scholarships & Grants *(0)
10 Officers of Administration Association Council (0)
11. Presidentís Council on Race (0)
12. Safety Advisory (2)
13. Space Committee (?)
14. Student Health Advisory *(9)
15. Technology Transfer *(0)
16. Traffic Appeals Board *(2)
C) Externally Mandated Boards
1. Faculty Grievance Appeal (E)(0)
2. Financial Aid Appeal Board (?)
3. Institutional Animal Care and Use (1)
4. Promotion-Tenure-Retention Appeal (E)(0)
5. Protection of Human Subjects (0)
6. Physical Access Committee (3)
7. Radiation Safety (0)