Math 246 FALL 2012, Calculus for Biological Sciences, I, CRN 14323
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Fall 2012: MW 2pm-3pm, Deady 10B, or by appointment.
- Class meets: MTWR 3pm-3:50pm, Peterson 105.
- Book: "Calculus for the Life Sciences" by Frederick Adler.
- Syllabus: differentiation, limits and their applications;
Chapters 1-3; detailed syllabus .
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon October 1.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun November 11.
- Last day to add class: Wed October 3.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun November 11.
- Last day of classes: Fri November 30.
- Thanksgiving: November 22-23.
- Tentative test dates:
You must bring photo ID to the midterms and the final.
- First midterm: 3pm-3:50pm Thur October 18, Peterson 105.
- Second midterm: 3pm-3:50pm Thur November 15, Peterson 105.
- Final: 3:15pm-5:15pm Tue December 4, Peterson 105.
- Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
- Grading: Homework 20%, quizzes 10%, first midterm 20%, second midterm 20%,
- You can look at your current grade on the
- Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted. Not all of the assigned homework
problems will be graded.
- List of lectures is available here.