Math 247 WINTER 2013, Calculus for Biological Sciences II, CRN 24101
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Winter 2013: MW 2pm-3pm, Deady 10B, or by appointment.
- Class meets: MUWR 3pm-3:50pm, Deady 106.
- Book: "Calculus for the Life Sciences" by Frederick Adler.
- Syllabus: Integration and Differential Equations;
Chapters 4-5; detailed syllabus .
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon January 14.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun February 24.
- Last day to add class: Wed January 16.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun February 24.
- Last day of classes: Fri March 15.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Mon January 21.
- Tentative test dates:
You must bring photo ID to the midterms and the final.
- First midterm: 3pm-3:50pm Thu January 31, Deady 106.
- Second midterm: 3pm-3:50pm Thu February 28, Deady 106.
- Final: 3:15pm-5:15pm Thu March 21, Deady 106.
- Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
- Grading: Homework 20%, quizzes 10%, first midterm 20%, second midterm 20%,
- You can look at your current grade on the
- Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted. Not all of the assigned homework
problems will be graded.
- List of lectures is available here.