Math 256 WINTER 2017, Introduction to Differential Equations, CRN 23787
You must bring photo ID to the midterms and the final.
Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
Grading: Homework 15%, quizzes 15%, first midterm 20%, second midterm 20%,
You can look at your current grade on the
Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted. Not all of the assigned homework
problems will be graded.
List of lectures is available here.
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Winter 2017: MW 10-11am, Deady 10B, or by appointment.
- Class meets: MTWF 12-12:50pm, Deady 307.
- Book: W. E. Boyce, R. C. DiPrima, "Elementary Differential Equations", 10th edition
- Syllabus: Chapters 1,2,3,4,7; detailed syllabus .
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon January 16.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun February 26.
- Last day to add class: Wed January 18.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun February 26.
- Last day of classes: Fri March 17.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Mon January 16.
- First midterm: 12-12:50pm Fri February 3, Deady 307.
- Second midterm: 12-12:50pm Fri March 3, Deady 307.
- Final: 10:15-12:15pm Mon March 20, Deady 307.