Math 281 WINTER 2006, Multivariable Calculus, CRN 22891
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Winter 2006: MW 1:00-2:00, Deady 3.
- Class meets: MUWF 2pm-2:50pm, Deady 306.
- Book: "M"=Multivariable Calculus 5th Edition OR "ETM"=
Early Transcendentals Multivariable Calculus 5th Edition
by James Stewart. Both books "M" and "ETM" contain the same material
but with a shift in the section numbering conventions.
- Syllabus: In "M" (the cover is predominantly red) we cover
Sections 13-15 while in "ETM" (the cover
is predominantly green) we cover Sections 12-14.
Here you can find
approximate list of lectures.
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon January 16.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun February 26.
- Last day to add class: Wed January 18.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun February 26.
- Last day of classes: Fri March 17.
- Tentative test dates:
You must bring photo ID to the midterms and the final.
- First midterm: 2-3pm Fri February 3, Deady 306.
- Second midterm: 2-3pm Fri February 24, Deady 306.
- Final: 3:15pm-5:15pm Thur March 23, Deady 306.
- Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
- Grading: Homework 10%, quizzes 20%, first midterm 20%, second midterm 20%,
- Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted. Not all of the assigned homework
problems will be graded.
- List of lectures is available here.
- Practice Exam is now available!