Math 282 SPRING 2006, Multivariable Calculus II, CRN 35866
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Spring 2005: MW 1:00-2:00, Deady 3.
- Class meets: MUWF 2-3pm, Deady 306.
- Book: "M"=Multivariable Calculus 5th Edition OR "ETM"=
Early Transcendentals Multivariable Calculus 5th Edition
by James Stewart. Both books "M" and "ETM" contain the same material
but with a shift in the section numbering conventions.
- Syllabus: In "M" (the cover is predominantly red) we cover
Sections 16-17 while in "ETM" (the cover
is predominantly green) we cover Sections 15-16. You can find
approximate list of lectures here.
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon April 10.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun May 21.
- Last day to add class: Wed April 12.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun May 21.
- Last day of classes:Fri June 9.
- Tentative test dates:
You must bring photo ID to the midterms and the final.
You may bring a 3x5 inch index card with any formulas on it to
any exam or quiz if you wish. You may bring with you a hand held
graphing calculator to any exam or quiz if you wish.
- First midterm: 2-3pm Fri May 5, Deady 306.
- Second midterm: 2-3pm Fri May 26, Deady 306.
- Final: 3:15pm-5:15pm Wed June 14, Deady 306.
- Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
- Grading: Homework 10%, quizzes 20%, first midterm 20%, second midterm 20%,
- Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted. Not all of the assigned homework
problems will be graded.
- List of lectures is available here.
- Practice Exam is available here.
The answers are here.