Math 346 SPRING 2010, Number Theory, CRN 33741
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Spring 2010: MW 10am-11am, Deady 10B, or by appointment.
- Class meets: MWF 3pm-3:50pm, Deady 106.
- Book: "Elementary Number Theory" by Charles Vanden Eynden,
- Syllabus: divisibility, prime numbers, congruences, Gauss reciprocity.
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon April 5.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun May 16.
- Last day to add class: Wed April 7.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun May 16.
- Last day of classes: Fri June 4.
- Memorial Day: Mon May 31.
- Tentative test dates:
You must bring photo ID to the midterms and the final.
- Midterm: 3pm-3:50pm Fri May 7, Deady 106.
- Final: 3:15pm-5:15pm Th June 10, Deady 106.
- Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
- Grading: Homework 20%, quizzes 10%, midterm 30%, final 40%.
UPDATE: due to the lack of grader for this class we switch to the following
numbers: Homework 10%, quizzes 20%, midterm 30%, final 40%.
- You can look at your current grade on the
- Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted. Not all of the assigned homework
problems will be graded.
- List of lectures is available here.