Math 456/556 WINTER 2009, Combinatorics and Networks, CRN 23217/23226
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Winter 2009: MW 10am-11am, Deady 10B, or by appointment.
- Class meets: MWF 2pm-2:50pm, Fenton 105.
- Book: R.A.Brualdi "Introductory combinatorics", Prentice Hall, 4th edition,
- Syllabus: in this class we will discuss (parts of)
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon January 12.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun February 22.
- Last day to add class: Wed January 14.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun February 22.
- Last day of classes: Fri March 13.
- Martin Luther King Jr Day: January 19.
- Tentative test dates:
- Midterm: 2pm-2:50pm Fri February 13, Fenton 105.
- Final: take home, distributed during the last class (March 13),
due on March 19, noon.
- Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
- Grading: Homework 30%, midterm 30%,
- You can look at your current grade on the
- Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted.
- List of lectures is available here.