Grad Students: Apply Now for Travel Grants!
WITS (Women in Technology and Science) is inviting applications from U of O women graduate students in the sciences for a WITS Travel Grant to assist in their expenses associated with travel to a scientific conference at which they will be presenting a talk or poster of their research work.
- Grants of up to $400 each
- 4 Travel Grants will be awarded
- The applicant must be a full-time U of O female graduate student in the sciences (chemistry, physics, geology, biology, math, computer science)
- Applicant must be an author on the abstract and present either a talk or a poster at a national professional meeting (including Gordon Research Conferences) in the U.S.
- Travel dates must be between January 15 -- September 15, 2010
- The advisor or research director must submit a letter supporting the student's research, and a commitment to match the WITS contribution and any remaining expenses for attendance of the student at the meeting
- Candidates for the WITS Travel Award are eligible to receive one award per calendar year, contingent upon availability of funds
- Fill out this application and submit application, Support Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline to apply is December 15, 2009. Only complete applications will be considered
For more information contact Priscilla Lewis: email@example.com or 346-0116.