Publications: Mentoring/Role Models
- J. E. Blackwell, Mentoring: Action strategy for Increasing minority faculty, Academe Sept.-Oct. (1989).
- C. Djerassi, Cantor’s Dilemma, Penguin Books (1991).
- M. Elias, Programs give math and science majors a needed boost, USA TODAY, 1995, Aug 10, (1995) Sec D, p6 col2.
- D. Fort (ed.), A Hand Up: Mentoring Women in Science, Association for Women in Science, Washington, D.C. (2005).
- D. R. Francis, Are female role models needed in the sciences?, Christian Science Monitor, 1995, May 8, (1995) 9-11.
- A. Gibbons, Key Issue: Mentoring, Science 255 no. 92/3/13 (1992), 1368-1369.
- R. M. Hall and B. Sandler, Academic Mentoring for Women Students & Faculty: A New Look, Association of American Colleges .
- E. Mappen, F. Lewis, & A. Cohen, Crucial experiments, The Women’s Review of Books, vol.12, no. 5 (1995), 20-22.
- E. Mappen, R. Lewis, A. Cohen, Educating for persistence, The Women’s Review of Books, vol. 12, no. 5 (1995), 21.
- J. O‘Rourke, Mentor Project Passes Muster, Computer Research Association News Sept. (1995).
- B. R. Sandler and R. M. Hall, Academic mentoring for women students and faculty: A new look at an old way to get ahead, Project on the Status and Education of Women, Association of American Colleges (1983).
- A. T. Schafer, Mathematics and women: the Undergraduate school and pipeline, Notices of the American Mathematical Society, vol. 38 no. 7 (1991), 735-737.