Dr. Katrina Honigs
1B University Hall
the demands of the Black Student Collective at the University of Oregon
Office hours: by appointment, remotely
Email address: last name "at" uoregon "dot" edu
I am a Paul Olum Postdoctoral Scholar at the University of Oregon starting in Fall 2019. My CV is here.
For the Fall 2020 quarter, I am teaching two classes of Math 341, which will meet MTWF at 8-9 am and 2-3 pm, respectively.
- Both classes will be conducted remotely. The 8-9 am section was originally scheduled as in person, but that has been changed to remote in accordance with recent decisions made by the university.
- The textbook for the course will be: Linear Algebra and Its Applications by Lay, et al, ed. 5
- Further information on the courses will be posted to
canvas closer to the start of the quarter.
- Rational points and derived equivalence .pdf With Nick Addington, Ben Antieau and Sarah Frei.
- Fourier--Mukai partners of Enriques and bielliptic surfaces in positive characteristic .pdf With Max Lieblich and Sofia Tirabassi. To appear in Math. Res. Lett.
- Derived equivalences of canonical covers of hyperelliptic and Enriques surfaces in positive characteristic .pdf With Luigi Lombardi and Sofia Tirabassi. Math. Z. 146 (2020) 727--749
- Derived equivalence, Albanese varieties, and the zeta functions of 3-dimensional varieties. .pdf Appendix with Jeff Achter, Sebastian Casalaina-Martin, and Charles Vial. Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 146 (2018), 1005--1013
- Derived equivalent surfaces and abelian varieties, and their zeta functions. .pdf Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 143 (2015), 4161--4166
- Missing edge coverings of bipartite graphs and the gometry of the Hausdorff metric pdf. J. Geom. 104 (2013) 107--125 (Relates to work I did at the REU at GVSU)
Some course materials from past teaching:
- In Summer 2018, I taught Math 6080. The course webpage is here
- In Spring 2018, I taught Math 5320. The course webpage is here
- In Summer 2018, I was an organizer for the conference "The Arithmetic of Derived Categories" in Trento. Further information is here
- Definitions of the multiplicative group and group objects in categories pdf.
- Coherence theorems in two-dimensional category theory pdf. This summary article was my Part III essay.
Several years ago, I met Alexander Grothendieck. I wrote an essay about it linked here. An abridged version of this essay appeared in Vol. 63, No. 3 of Notices.