starship-design: NEEP 602 Lecture #16

I found a page at the University of Wisconsin that has an interesting
lecture about Near Earth Asteroids. I think everyone here is familiar with
my position on the importance of commercializing space and the heck with
planetary surfaces...

This paper explains just exactly what is out there waiting to be harvested.
Not only is it a matter of providing raw materials for space borne
industry, you can get rich out there...

 http://elvis.neep.wisc.edu/~neep602/lecture16.html

The best part is almost to the end of the document where the lecturer
covers the amount of precious metals fond in a typical metallic asteroid.
Sounds like incentive to me. Now if I could just find some way of getting
this mining boat into space...

Lee

NEEP 602 Lecture #16.url