Re: RE: starship-design: Space Money

In a message dated 11/17/97 11:24:21 PM, lparker@cacaphony.net wrote:

>On Monday, November 17, 1997 11:51 AM, KellySt@aol.com
>[SMTP:KellySt@aol.com] wrote:
>
>> True I've seen far better numbers out of McDonnel Douglas' internal
>> market
>> studies.  But then NASA HQ does really beleve their is any potential
>> market
>> for many launches.
>
>If you believe John Walker, you might think it was on purpose. Then again,
>someone a few years back (Zubrin maybe?) made the statement that NASA's
>problem was ACHIEVING its goals. Once they successfully completed a program
>their funding is inevitably cut. So it is in their own best interest to
>stretch things out...
>
>Lee

Interesting thought.  ;)  And their definatly was a group that thought space
was there teratory and wanted to defend it from encroachment.  But no what I
saw in NASA HQ was less selfseving, or forgivible.  They flat thought the
whole idea was stupid.  Were sure interest in using space was vastly
overated, were sure nothing of interest in space could be done for less then
tens of billions of dollars, and basically felt what they were doing was
about all that was needed.

SICK!!

Kelly