RE: starship-design: Numbers needed for Colonization

Nels,

Did you ever consider that most of what makes a planet habitable is the
inhabitants? Terra like planets don't just instantly spring into existence,
it is a gradual process of reinforcement over millions of years. You might
as well attempt to terraform an airless asteroid as follow the procedure you
mention. The end result will be the same...

Lee