RE: starship-design: Aircraft Carriers

Well, the one caveat I have on this is that it probably depends on the
velocity and the design of the starship.  In some combinations I can picture
the external environment of a starship being an extremely hazardous place.
Radiation being the main thing I can think of.

As far as ease of repairs - if a carrier breaks down, no one's life onboard
is threatened.  If a sub breaks down, in certain situations it can be life
threatening.  Repairs on a sub stranded underwater (admittedly not very
likely) are a lot harder than repairs on a stranded carrier.

I was thinking that the repairs on a starship in motion are difficult and
critical and hence are more akin to repairs on a sub than a carrier.
David Levine                     david@actionworld.com
Director of Development    http://www.actionworld.com/
ActionWorld, Inc.                       (212) 387-8200
Professional Driver.  Closed Track.  Do not attempt.