Re: Re: starship-design: scoops and sails and something topush against.

In a message dated 10/13/98 8:05:00 AM, lparker@cacaphony.net wrote:

>> Ok, there were fishing and mining camps in the arctic and
>
>> antarctic buy euros,
>
>> but thats did start a colony?
>

>Geez Kelly,
>

>What's the point? I forgot how this thread started already! I think I was
>
>trying to point out that it wasn't necessary to go whole hog with a colony
>
>at first, but I've forgotten where we started.
>

>Lee

I was saying that colonies don't last long, and seldom are started, without a
practical economic reason for there being there.  Same way lots of the US is
being abandoned since their not much economic draw for it.

This was in responce to the suggestion from some one that we would go out and
found colonies just because.

Kelly