Re: starship-design: Russia mulls mothballing space station

> Russia mulls mothballing space station
> Thursday, September 26, 2002 Posted: 2:31 PM EDT (1831 GMT)

<removed for brevity>

Just curious, does anyone know if international salvage law applys to
spacecraft (as a type of ship?).  Even if not, I doubt there's been a case
of it yet.

If the ISS is abandoned, like MIR was, I'd rather not see it wasted as dust
in the upper atsmosphere.  If it were to be abandoned, I imagine it could be
claimed somehow and moved to a parking orbit until the claimee could make
use of it.

Sci