Math 246 FALL 2014, Calculus for Biological Sciences, I, CRN 13890
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Fall 2014: MW 2pm-2:50pm, Deady 10B, or by appointment.
- Class meets: MTWR 5pm-5:50pm, Deady 307.
- Book: "Calculus for the Life Sciences" by Frederick Adler.
- Syllabus: differentiation, limits and their applications;
Chapters 1-3; detailed syllabus .
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon October 6.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun November 16.
- Last day to add class: Wed October 8.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun November 16.
- Last day of classes: Fri December 5.
- Thanksgiving holiday: November 27-28.
- Tentative test dates:
You must bring photo ID to the midterms and the final.
- First midterm: 5pm-5:50pm Thur October 23, Deady 307.
- Second midterm: 5pm-5:50pm Thur November 20, Deady 307.
- Final: 7:15pm-9:15pm Mon December 8, Deady 307.
- Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
- Grading: Homework 15%, quizzes 15%, first midterm 20%, second midterm 20%,
- You can look at your current grade on the
- Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted. Not all of the assigned homework
problems will be graded.
- List of lectures is available here.