Math 246 FALL 2016, Calculus for Biological Sciences, I, CRN 13744
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Fall 2016: MW 11am-12pm, Deady 10B, or by appointment.
- Class meets: MTWF 1pm-1:50pm, Deady 303.
- Book: "Calculus for the Life Sciences" by Frederick Adler, third edition.
- Syllabus: differentiation, limits and their applications;
Chapters 1-3; detailed syllabus .
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon October 3.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun November 13.
- Last day to add class: Wed October 5.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun November 13.
- Last day of classes: Fri December 2.
- Thanksgiving holiday: November 24-25.
- Tentative test dates:
You must bring photo ID to the midterms and the final.
- First midterm: 1pm-1:50pm Fri October 21, Deady 303.
- Second midterm: 1pm-1:50pm Fri November 18, Deady 303.
- Final: 2:45pm-4:45pm Wed December 7, Deady 303.
- Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
- Grading: Homework 15%, quizzes 15%, first midterm 20%, second midterm 20%,
- You can look at your current grade on the
- Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted. Not all of the assigned homework
problems will be graded.
- List of lectures is available here.