Math 246 WINTER 2010, Calculus for Biological Sciences, I, CRN 23392
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Winter 2010: MW 1pm-2pm, Deady 10B, or by appointment.
- Class meets: MUWR 4pm-4:50pm, Deady 102.
- Book: "Calculus for Biology and Medicine" by Claudia Neuhauser,
- Syllabus: Sequences, limits, differentiation and its applications;
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon January 11.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun February 21.
- Last day to add class: Wed January 13.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun February 1.
- Last day of classes: Fri March 12.
- Martin Luther King Jr Day: Mon January 18.
- Tentative test dates:
You must bring photo ID to the midterms and the final.
- First midterm: 4pm-4:50pm Thur January 28, Deady 102.
- Second midterm: 4pm-4:50pm Thur February 25, Deady 102.
- Final: 3:15pm-5:15pm Tue March 16, Deady 102.
- Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
- Grading: Homework 15%, quizzes 15%, first midterm 20%, second midterm 20%,
- You can look at your current grade on the
- Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted. Not all of the assigned homework
problems will be graded.
- List of lectures is available here.