Math 256 FALL 2010, Introduction to Differential Equations, I, CRN 13916
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Fall 2010: MW 2pm-3pm, Deady 10B, or by appointment.
- Class meets: MWF 12pm-12:50pm, Deady 301.
- Book: W. E. Boyce, R. C. DiPrima, "Elementary Differential Equations", 9th edition
- Syllabus: Chapters 1,2,3,7.
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon October 4.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun November 14.
- Last day to add class: Wed October 6.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun November 14.
- Last day of classes: Fri December 3.
- Thanksgiving: November 25-26.
- Tentative test dates:
You must bring photo ID to the midterms and the final.
- First midterm: 12pm-12:50pm Fri October 22, Deady 301.
- Second midterm: 12pm-12:50pm Fri November 19, Deady 301.
- Final: 10:15am-12:15pm Thu December 9, Deady 301.
- Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
- Grading: Homework 15%, quizzes 15%, first midterm 20%, second midterm 20%,
- You can look at your current grade on the
- Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted. Not all of the assigned homework
problems will be graded.
- List of lectures is available here.
- Find here practice problems for the final.
Here are the answers.
- We will have additional Office Hours on Wednesday, December 8, 1-3pm,