Math 256 FALL 2014, Introduction to Differential Equations, CRN 13916
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Fall 2014: MW 2pm-3pm, Deady 10B, or by appointment.
- Class meets: MTWF 1pm-1:50pm, Deady 301.
- Book: W. E. Boyce, R. C. DiPrima, "Elementary Differential Equations", 10th edition
- Syllabus: Chapters 1,2,3,4,7; detailed syllabus .
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon October 6.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun November 16.
- Last day to add class: Wed October 8.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun November 16.
- Last day of classes: Fri December 5.
- Thanksgiving holiday: November 27-28.
- Tentative test dates:
You must bring photo ID to the midterms and the final.
- First midterm: 1pm-1:50pm Fri October 24, Deady 301.
- Second midterm: 1pm-1:50pm Fri November 21, Deady 301.
- Final: 2:45-4:45pm Mon December 8, Deady 301.
- Please remember that if you miss a class, it is
your responsibility to find out what happened in that class. You
can usually pick up any handouts from here .
- Grading: Homework 15%, quizzes 15%, first midterm 20%, second midterm 20%,
- You can look at your current grade on the
- Homework Assignments to be collected on WEDNESDAYS
from now on.
Late homework will not be accepted. Not all of the assigned homework
problems will be graded.
- List of lectures is available here.