Math 681 FALL 2012, Introduction to Representation Theory, I, CRN 14402
- Instructor: Victor Ostrik
- Office Hours for Fall 2012: MW 2pm-3pm, Deady 10B, or by appointment.
- Class meets: MWF 1pm-1:50pm, Deady 209.
- Syllabus: Lie algebras; representations of sl(2);
classification of semisimple Lie algebras.
- Book: J.Humphreys, "Introduction to Lie Algebras and Representation Theory"
- Useful dates:
- Last day to drop class without W: Mon October 1.
- Last day to drop class with W: Sun November 11.
- Last day to add class: Wed October 3.
- Last day to change grading option: Sun November 11.
- Last day of classes: Fri November 30.
- Thanksgiving: November 22-23.
- Grading: We will have a take home midterm (in the end of week 5) and
a take home final (on the finals week).
- List of lectures is available here.