Publications: Math Ability/Performance: Math Anxiety
- M. Aksu, A longitudinal study on attitudes towards mathematics by department and sex at the university level, School Science and Mathematics 91(5) (1991), 185-192.
- S. Bellock, E. Gunderson, G. Ramirez, S. Levine, Female teachers’ math anxiety affects girls’ math achievement, Proc. of the National Academy of Sciences 107(5) (2010), 1860-1863
- S. F. Chipman, D. H. Krantz, and R. Silver, Mathematics anxiety and science careers among able college women, Psychological Science 3 no. 5 (1992), 292-295.
- A. Devine, K. Fawcett, D. Szücs, and A. Dowker, Gender differences in mathematics anxiety and the relation to mathematics performance while controlling for test anxiety, Behav Brain Funct. 2012; 8: 33.
- A. Dowker, A. Sarhar, C. Y. Look, Mathematics Anxiety: What Have We Learned in 60 Years?, Frontiers in Psychology 7, (2016), 508.
- R. B. Felson and L. Trudeau, Gender differences in mathematics performance, Social Psychology Quarterly 54 no. 2 (1991), 113-126.
- A. E. Foley, J. B. Herts, Borgonovi, S. Guerriero, S. C. Levin, S. L. Beilock, The math anxiety-performance link: A global phenomenon, Current Directions in Psychological Science, 26, 52-28 (2017).
- T. Goetz, M. Bleg, O. Lüdtke, R. Pekrum, and N. Hall, Do Girls Really Experience More Anxiety in Mathematics?, Psychological Science, 24 no. 10, 2079-2087, August 28, 2013.
- J. S. Hyde, E. Fennema, M. Ryan, L. A. Frost, and C. Hopp, Gender comparisons of mathematics attitudes and affect: a meta-analysis, Psychology of Women Quarterly 14 no. 3 (1990), 299-324.
- A. Keshavarzi and S. Ahmadi, A comparison of mathematics anxiety among students by gender, Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 83, July 4, 2013, 542-546.
- P. Klass, Fending Off Math Anxiety, NY Times, April 24, 2017.
- D. Ludden, How to Overcome Math Anxiety, Psychology Today, March 4, 2017.
- X. Ma and J. Xu, The causal ordering of mathematics anxiety and mathematics achievement: a longitudinal study, J. of Adolescence 27 (2004), 165-179.
- K. Spencer, Homework Therapists’ Job: Help Solve Math Problems, and Emotional Ones NY Times, April 4, 2018.
- K. Jablon Stoehr, Mathematics Anxiety:One Size Does Not Fit All, J. of Teacher Ed, December 2, 2016.
- M. Osburn, Beyond Math Anxiety: 99 Insights (and calculation’s not one of them), coming out August 2018.
- M. Witt, The Impact of Mathematics Anxiety on Primary School Children’s Working Memory, Europe’s Journal of Psychology, 8(2) (2012).